For others, however, constipation means hard stools, complexity passing stools (straining), or a sense of unfinished emptying after a bowel movement.
The cause of each of these "types" of constipation probably is different, and the approach to each should be tailored to the specific type of constipation
Constipation occurs when the colon absorbs too much water or if the colon's muscle contractions are slow or sluggish, causing the stool to move through the colon too slowly. not enough fiber in the diet
Causes of Constipation
1. lack of physical activity (especially in the elderly)
4. irritable bowel syndrome
5. changes in life or routine such as pregnancy, aging, and travel
6. abuse of laxatives
7. ignoring the urge to have a bowel movement
Symptoms of Constipation
1. No bowel movements at least once a day
2. Pain in the abdomen
3. Heaviness in the stomach
4. Wind formation
5. Mucus coated tongue
7. Loss of appetite
Treatment of Constipation
A day without a bowel movement is no cause for concern. Bowel movements should be easy and soft.
When you feel the urge, it is important to respond promptly. Don't postpone it if you can.
Constipation treatments include nutritional and lifestyle changes, fiber supplement, and laxatives.
Sometimes medicine medicines and therapies such as biofeedback may be tried. Rarely, surgery may be obligatory for carefully defined neuromuscular abnormalities.
Home Remedies for Constipation
- Regular drinking of water is highly beneficial for cleaning the system. Normally 6-8 glasses of water are not compulsory for digest and dissolving the food nutrients.
- Eating chapatti complete of wheat (two parts) and roasted black gram powder (one part) along with their husk is also helpful and is good constipation remedy.
- To create good home remedy for constipation take 2 tablespoons of Blackstrap molasses before departing to sleep. Molasses are high in calories. It has a strong taste, though; you may want to add it to milk, fruit juice, or clip juice etc.
- Walking 4-5 kms. after dinner is highly helpful as it helps in the digestion of food.
- Half cup cabbage juice taken twice-daily cures constipation.
- Mango is a natural reliever of constipation.
- Dip 10-12 dry grapes with no seeds in milk and boil the milk. Drink the milk separately and chew the grapes. This is more beneficial when taken at night. This is one of the of use home remedies for constipation.